tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: Trethevy Quoit in danger/Dymond Ground Plan
Mar 06, 2013, 11:20
Sanctuary wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
Just been comparing C.W.Dymond's 1877 ground plan to that of John Barnatts 1982 version. It is interesting that CW not only shows the ground plan layout but the 'lean' on the stones as well, indicated by the dotted lines. You will note on the far south-west stone on the left he shows said dotted lines as being away from the adjacent stone as well, where today they are touching. Of course the problem with this is that it doesn't show the 'middle' between the top and bottom where is actually touches so hopefully, if John Barnatt replies to my email he may be able to clear that up...certainly in his drawing some 105 years later anyway.
https://picasaweb.google.com/100525707086862773355/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCPmU2MWil9rM9AE#5852155605660104418

Roy, do you have a note of the heights for the westernmost side stones ?

Yes I have George and will dig them out in a mo. Do you want ground height or top of bank height? I have all the measurements.

Either please , I'm really trying to to see if what I would call the backstone would have supported the capstone , and how that would effect the load bearing of the side stones .
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index