Lost Festivals at Megalithic Sites

114 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
StoneGloves
StoneGloves
1149 posts

Lost in Cyber Space
Jan 04, 2010, 08:30
Have you seen the old way of drawing horoscopes? Like from Culpepper's day. There's a piece of metal, perhaps gold, with lines inscribed on it, from somewhere like Bush Barrow. I can't remember the name so am clearly projecting a substitute. It could be argued that as a sighting device, to the horizon, then it is an early form of calendar. I think it's formally classed as jewelry, or something. Ritual object, perhaps. I sometimes see uni students learning rituals, with theodolites, incidentally. Measuring the location of traffic lights to six places of decimal, perhaps.

I have been badly treated by the archaeology profession and bear the scars. As far as I can see they are all a bunch of p..... but a search for Robin Heath has produced some results. ( http://www.skyscript.co.uk/moonheath.html ). I used to build wall bigtime and used to measure yards by paces and inches with my thumb. I don't need much persuading of the Megalithic Yard or the Megalithic Inch. We know that an ancient man was at least twice as strong as his modern day equivalent (me) but whether he was twice as bright is debateable. (To put it mildly). They were certainly not in balance with their environment.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index