Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: Lost Festivals at Megalithic Sites
Dec 22, 2009, 15:31
Branwen wrote:
tiompan wrote:
lol , oh yes , and there's more .you need goggles when googling that stuff .

Not to mention wellies and a peg for the nose...

Tony Robinson decoding Dan Brown's latest claims should be worth a glance. (climate change impact on past cultures series he's been doing this month have been interesting) I seem to remember that fella Brown pointing out he wrote fiction when people started taking his first books too seriously, now he's embraced the disinformation guru lifestyle...

I thought I had good vision and a nice dark spot as a kid, as I used to be able to see nine from the top of Rubers Law in the borders. Haven't ever seen as many as 14 though. I used to see a woman lying on her back in the arrangement, not a flower. Some artefacts just have them as two rows of stars, and others have the flower shape.

I wonder if there is something more than just the seasonal aspect at work, maybe something in the physiology of all human brains or psychologies that makes these stars capture the imagination. As a kid I had no interest in astrology at first, but this group drew the eye for me all the time.

Pattern seeking , I reckon . We don't like lack of order or meaninglessness (i'm trying to avoid the R word which has become meaningless in it's usage and never was strictly true ) .Some cultures see the shapes in the gaps rather than the dots e.g. The Emu (I think ) in Oz .
Didn't know that about Danny boy , a good antidote was still Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea's Illuminatis trilogy ,dunno if it has stood the test of time though . I assume the group is the Pleiades ?
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index