114 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Branwen
824 posts

Edited Jan 02, 2010, 15:36
Re: Lost astrology
Jan 02, 2010, 15:32
StoneGloves wrote:
Try the Swiss ephemeris ( http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm ). I'm into swiss cameras and their ephemeris will be on a similar 'plane'. Accurate and concise. Venus in Aries traditionally is said to be in detriment because she rules the opposite sign of Libra. Saturn is in fall in Aries because he is exalted in the opposite sign of Libra. (Just too speedy for the both of them). Modified by contact and house position, of course! Doesn't astrology impel and not compel? Unless you've got a lot of Scorpio, I guess!

Thanks, I'll have a look. I'm not going to spend any more time wondering what the lost festivals are, unless that website posts what alignment makes one think there is one, though. As to being impelled by astrology, I dunno. It's a bit like the Simpson's episode when they do an aptitude test and Bart'scomes out better than Lisa's, and for a while Bart becomes the good kid and Lisa the bad one.... depends how much importance you place on it. I place no importance on it, and it's regularly right about me anyway, though.

I was reading Peter Berresford Ellis writing about celtic astrology, what little there is. Shame more hasn't survived. Some people are trying to make the leap from telling the future by "cloud watching" or "neladoracht" with the cloud of the milky way - but I don't think we'll ever get a working astrology from any of that unless some of the untranslated irish manuscripts throw new light on the subject.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index