Lost Festivals at Megalithic Sites

114 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Branwen
824 posts

Edited Dec 14, 2009, 01:31
Re: Lost Festivals at Megalithic Sites
Dec 14, 2009, 01:20
LOL Dodge. I won't. I found out long ago I should just let my subconscious drag up old references for me by sleeping on it. Memories of having the becheesus scared out of me by a black eyed pagan storyteller at Samhain might give me nightmares, though. Still. When I wake up I usually remember enough keywords to do a google search.

It's not something I've questioned much before, having learned it person to person, not from books. Plus, over the years, I've seen references enough accepting it as fact. But it's good to spend time finding the references again to back up stuff you learn orally. You never know what has been debunked in the intervening years since you last sourced something. I do get annoyed at the way some theories are hailed as fashionable facts, and accepted as true explanations for years, till someone else seems more fashionable with a new theory which debunks the old one. Often both are just supposition, and unproven. eg how the stones got to stonehenge.

http://caeraustralis.com.au/celtcalmain.htm#pleiades this site lists some ancient sources mentioning the pleiades.

All that aside, my new pet hate is sites with no references... pleiades or lost neolithic festivals alike... they should be labelled quote me as a source and look like an arsehole... Tis the sigh.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index