Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Paulus
Paulus
769 posts

Re: To the Heart of the Matter
Nov 25, 2007, 15:51
Hi TJJ -

tjj wrote:
I am not therefore qualified to pass any comment on this on-going 'Silbury Debate' but have asked the occasional question.

Please don't think like that. There are some folk here who think far too much above themselves about some of the issues they talk, nay deride others for, and only get their voices on screen cos they've got bigger mouths than others. Humility is a lacking for some, but I value it highly. (though there are other ingredients we each possess which, when needs must, must sometimes be called to the surface!)

tjj wrote:
If the information you have posted comes from an authentic source (and there is no reason to doubt that it does) then it is excellent news

Straight from the heart of the hill, so to speak.

tjj wrote:
Also excellent news about the concrete portal and lintel being removed to the AK museum. Lets hope these actions, along with the back-filling are completed effectively, efficiently and as swiftly as possible and that Silbury can rest again in the misty downland landscape which, to my eyes, is very different to any other part of the country.

Yeah, it's good news. I'll post some more news info in a bit (gotta watch mi football first!), but think I'll start a new thread on the issue, highlighting the updates as they come to me, whether daily or otherwise. Then if the others want to argue, we can let them do it here on this thread, or amongst themselves.

Cheers - Paul
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index