To the Heart of the Matter

211 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
wd
5 posts

Re: Silbury Hill, the truth
Nov 10, 2007, 17:50
Hi tjj,

I'm sorry if I come across as anti-english heritage, I'm not by any means. The majority of their workforce are only in their job for the love of it. Its not as if they are in it for the money or prestige. They work hard, long hours and get people like me inadvertantly abusing them on online forums. The EH I dislike is the Corporate EH. The ones that seemingly care more about their funding and PR than the stuff they are supposed to be protecting.

Personally I abhor the elephant in the room. All those hundreds of people; EH employees, Skanska employees, contractors, press, councillors, other random invitees. They've been inside, they've seen and heard the evidence, and yet apparently they keep schtum.

Way I see this, either the word on the ground is wrong or those people are really too ignorant, shallow or scared that they won't whistleblow to save Silbury.

In a years time are we going to need to reference these warnings to prove to some regulator or a suddenly interested newspaper that the collapse of the hill was predicted? known about? Will we really need to use the freedom of information act to get those emails between senior EH people to prove what they knew, to find out exactly why it was never released before it was too late? Lets hope not.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index