211 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tuesday
tuesday
280 posts

Re: Silbury Hill, the truth
Nov 11, 2007, 22:16
Littlestone wrote:
Do take your needle out of the crack tuesday. Better still, why not actually try addressing some of the issues here instead of just moaning about the views of others.

is that a reference to a broken record? if it is, the correct term is 'groove' and , as a vinyl samplist, I'll take is as a compliment even though the words 'pot, kettle and black' come to mind!

with regard to the 1960s work at Silbury, I think it unfortunate but it's pretty pointless to judge a past context by contemporay mores - or would you seek to undo the restoration of rollright, stonehenge and a thousand other sites? would you tick margaret curtis off for re-erecting the stones of the Bernera circle and scratching her initials in the concrete base? Or Ron Simson's work work at Isbister?

it seems to me that English Heritage have gone to great lengths to make more information about the work at Silbury than has ever been the case in the past. I know from personal experience that they are generally a well intentioned and generally highly skilled bunch of individuals Yes they do dumb things sometimes and like any public body need to be monitored but that's very different than your sad fifth form level conspiracy theory speculations and continual armchair bitching.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index