148 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: Well done EH and all concerned
Dec 31, 2007, 18:51
Dear tpiafc,

I get the feeling you are asking people to read between the lines of your posts - I am sure Heritage Action will follow through. Whilst respecting the efforts made by that group I cannot say that I am involved with them, but do care very much about Silbury. I recall an autumn walk along the Wansdyke when Silbury seemed to travel with me, I knew then for sure it was magical.

For what it is worth, before reading your post, I did write to EH today asking for an explanation about the synthetic bags and have emailed them as well. My letter was addressed to The Information Office, English Heritage, 29 Queens Square, Bristol BS1 4ND. I will, however, write to my MP (Anne Snelgrove) as you have suggested and possibly also the Secretary of State for Culture and Heritage who I believe is Ruth Kelly to ask questions about the budget for Silbury and how it has been spent.

As I said in my previous post, mine is a small voice, but sometimes the small voice from the back of crowd does get heard - we'll see.

best wishes

tjj
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index