148 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tuesday
tuesday
280 posts

Re: Silbury's structural integrity
Sep 20, 2007, 06:20
dude

yes, your self righteous repetitive whinging against english heritage is very boring. also i can assure you you that it will make no difference to the way they act or make decisions - amongst other things it will allow them to dismiss you as a passsive aggressive whiner. your letters to them directly may have an effect and i generally applaud positive engagement with institutions but even if they read your contributions here - which frankly is unlikely - you haven't got enough actual experience or substance to make much impact

you continually refer to 'them' as some kind of arrogant uncaring behemoth who would benefit from a bit of your insight whereas in fact I can assure you from personal experience that generally 'they' are made up of well intentioned, not very well paid enthusiastic individuals who are trying to do the right thing with limited resources under a variety of pressures. Yes, they often don't get it right but you would probably find that, like most of us, some appreciation and encouragement for their efforts and acheivements along with constructive suggestions would be more effective than continually telling them that you know best..
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index