Silbury's structural integrity

148 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
fitzcoraldo
fitzcoraldo
2709 posts

Re: Well done EH and all concerned
Dec 30, 2007, 13:05
Conservation/preservation, I don't really know a lot about these things. However I do trust EH and their experts. The Silbury project has taken place under the scrutiny of the international archaeological and engineering community and they don't seem to have a problem, that's good enough for me. Everything they've done has proved to be correct so far, despite the doomsayers of TMA.

Can I suggest that before calling for the resignation of the EH board that you sit back and re-evaluate what has actually been achieved by EH.

I cannot agree with the tone of Paul & Petes postings but I do agree on the broad principle that much of what has been written on this forum over the past few months has done us far more harm than good. Many of us seek to establish links with local archaeologists and groups, rather than sit and snipe at them. I personally have stopped directing people to these forums and have found myself visiting and posting less frequently. I doubt I will ever leave the forum but as a result of much that has been written over the past few months I have definitely become a less frequent visitor.
Perhaps the new year could herald some kind of new start, water under the bridge and all that , and a more of a responsible approach to posting from all concerned on TMA.

Here's a suggestion.
Most of the anti-EH folk seem to be HA members, so why not re-open the HA forum and take some of the pressure off TMA?

cheers
fitz
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index