Silbury's structural integrity

148 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: This man speaks sense
Dec 30, 2007, 18:45
Could I please add my small voice to that - I say small as I am largely unable to contribute anything in the way of photos or new material (not owning a vehicle) but do like to read TMA for 1) enjoyment (wonderful pics, folk-lore posts and archaeological information and 2) to increase my own knowledge in a subject I am very interested in.

A few months ago I did dip into the Silbury debate but quickly withdrew.
Fitz is the clear voice of reason but I also take on board Littlestone's reiteration on the principles of conservation - what is required is an explanation from EH as to why the bags are being used. I personally will take the initiative to give EH a call tomorrow (as their office is located in my town). If there is no-one there to answer (given it is New Year's Eve) than I'll write a letter or phone again later in the week. I think what Fitz (yes, I know small f) has written will almost certainly be correct.

May I also just add that is very unlikely that anyone would speak to each other face to face the way they sometimes do on this forum - someone would end up on the floor if they did.

Wishing everyone a Very Happy New Year!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index