Rocks?

92 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: Rocks?
Jul 17, 2006, 06:20
I can see this exchange beginning to develop into a bit of a spat and I've sort of given up on those now :-) You make some good points and some not so good points and I'll probably be tempted to come back to them at a later date... but not today.

Just one point though, to clear the air re: your comment about Chief Seattle -

The text you quote seems to be the " 'Ted Perry Text,' written by an American screenwriter for a Hollywood film." Not that it's contrary to what Native Americans may believe; just that when pontificating you might want to try and stand on a less shaky box.)

Sorry if I appeared to be pontificating, and I can see that you might think I'm standing on a rather shaky box. I am, however, aware of the Ted Perry text. The text was actually, "...inspired by his friend Professor William Arrowsmith's slightly earlier version of 1969." This was then, "...adapted for the film and television series Home (and) produced by the Southern Baptist Radio and Television Commission in 1970."

I wrote a paper on the Speech back in 1997 (from which the above quotes are taken). It's only a short paper called How Can You Buy the Sky? but it's as factual as I could make it and I'd be happy to send you a copy if you're interested.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index