Sacred Landscapes

208 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Sacred Shit.
Jul 31, 2003, 18:17
Please don't assume that either I think you have no wonder, or that I don't subscribe to the wonder of chaotic principle, I do. I also respect and admire the fact that nature has an order, a balance. As for my saying 'all land is sacred', that in itself is my having to use the term on common ground, which as I stated earlier is an oxymoron, as defining 'sacred' is an act of subjectivity, which can only be devaluing, on a universal scale. I'm sure we can all agree taht the most universal and collective benefit is the land,sea, air and sky we live under and on. Natural forces (unintelligent in a human sense) at work. to suggest that saying all this is sacred, means that I am also saying a sewage plant is sacred, is nonsense. The building of the sewage plant is in direct contravention to the value of the land, if you are referring to something noxious and unnatural. Shit is natural, and sacred, as it is part of the scheme of things, a plop in the bush is worth a few ounces of googd growing soil,. However, the collective shite of a city pouring toxic chemicals and nitrates forth onto an unsuspecting river or ocean, is hardly sacred, it's in contravention. the way I see it is, we have lost a link with the land, and now are commited to solving the problems we cause.

I think Sacred Landscapes, if they exist, are subjective, and in that, just as confusing as this thread, where we all make assumptions based upon scant information about each other. I have a feeling that Prehistoric monuments and 'landscapes' are on largely in reference to sexual union. But that's just my feeling.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index