Sacred Landscapes

208 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
pure joy
pure joy
334 posts

Re: Unbelievable
Jul 30, 2003, 21:40
I can't answer for Baza, but I read baza's opinions and shared them.

I would say that it is a type of principle and if you follow it through you get a logical conclusion, which can seem harsh. If you believe that belief in religion is wrong, then naturally everything they believe is 'wrong' to you. Not 'wrong' as in shout it in their face, "you are wrong, you must change", but 'wrong' compared to your stance.

This, to me, is similar (but with a lot more ownership and free thinking) to the Christian, and other religions, belief in a principle that they have been taught and have been told is 'correct', and to them therefore everything that is opposed to their principle is 'wrong' to them. However, they would rarely be brave enough to admit that they believe other people are 'wrong'. I'm afraid, in my experience, this is something that goes hand in hand with religion - the idea that everyone else is 'wrong'. Take that away from most religions and they crumble. Allow one chink in the armour to appear, one logical argument to be accepted, one leap of faith to be questioned, and down she goes.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index