Unsung Forum »
Soundtrack To Our Lives W/E 26/1/03

60 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Telepathine
371 posts

Re: Soundtrack To Our Lives W/E 26/1/03
Jan 27, 2003, 11:35
Mooseheart Faith Stella Groove Band - Coronal Mass Ejection ...listened to this loads, and love it. Not my usual cup of tea, but all the more rewarding because of it.

The Warlocks - Phoenix.... Another on heavy rotation, BRMC meets Spacemen 3 and The Velvets, yummy.

Dischord 20 year Box...particularly CD1, has all the best tracks, though the other two have their moments

Lots of oldschool Dub...was putting a few tapes together for severin, and had a good old dabble in some tunes I've not heard in a dogs age...King Tubby, Yabba U, Keith Hudson, Prince Jammy, Africa Head Charge, Dub Syndicate, Prince Far I, U Roy, etc ,etc..

The Mummies - Never Been Caught

Cabaret Voltaire...The Original Sound Of Sheffield 78-82...Never really been a big Cab's fan, though this 'best of' is certainly better than i remember them. Before this the only lP i Had was red Mecca, and on that i only really enjoyed the all to brief Landslide. Still don't rate the later 'dancier' stuff, though do quite like the Richard H Kirk Cd's on Warp and the Sweet Exorcist stuff.

Electric 6 ...dunno what it's called...that thing in the charts...spent an allnighter round at a friends house, and this kept geting stuck on at regular intevals, find it mildly amusing for the time being, will probably hate it in years to come.

Various compilation MD's featuring among others, Meat Beat Manifesto, The Faint, Queens Of The Stoneage, Liars, Tom Waits, Barry Adamson, Coil, Suicide, Braindonor (My Pagan Ass), Monks, Elevate, Pavement, Sonic Youth, Yabba U, Aswad, Selecter, Specials, Clash, Orbital, Slayer, Shellac, Scientist, Gun Club, Mooseheart.., Warlocks, J&MC,Adverts, Thipe, Eno,Talking Heads, Boredoms, Mudhoney, etc, etc..
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index