Unsung Forum »
Soundtrack To Our Lives W/E 26/1/03

60 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
TightPurpleShirt
281 posts

Re: Soundtrack To Our Lives W/E 26/1/03
Jan 26, 2003, 18:03
Funky Porcini – Fast Asleep, nice to er relax to..

Free Kitten – Nice Ass, universally slated in the press, but that’s all bollocks, this is a great album from pavement / boredoms / sonic youth / pussy galore peeps

Rovo – Imago, incredible jap electronica

DJ Vadim – The Art of Listening, pretty full on for the office but that’s where I play this one most

Polyphonic Spree, Beginning Stages Off… superb kinda reminds me of both beatles & mercury rev

Isley Brothers – Givin’ It Back again and again over and over, FUNK wooo.

Melt Banana – Scratch or Stitch jap noise / punk

Beastie Boys – Pauls Boutique, simply a classic

Spiritualized – Ladies & Gentlemen… their best? Probably

Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings – Dap-Dippin With… fucking mental one the one funk album my new favourite record

Folk Imposion – One Part Lullaby had look inside the folk Implosion for a long long time which is an ultra lo-fi masterpiece, this one which bought on an impulse is full of samples and way cool

Jimmy Tenor – Out of Nowhere, stylistically jim tenor covers about every genre going on this one I think, atonal orchestrated stuff, electronica and over the top balladry tip top

Kid Koala – Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, turntablism fuck ups

PIL – Metal Box aye another classic

Spring Heel Jack / Free Jazz gig, spring heel jack & free jazz guys plus Jason Spaceman on guitar. Thought there would be more of an electronica sound but spring heel jack provided very subliminal soundscapes that were improvised over and often drowned out completely only to reappear during the quieter pasages. Two sets, first one made up crescendos and very delicate interplay, the second set was a wall of noise monster, and although other may beg to differ the second set was the best

Musica Transonic – II monster feedback, monster bass, and what sounds like an octopus smashing this fuck out of his drum kit, wonderful

The Incredible String Band – The Hangman’s Beautiful Daughter, unsurpassed acid folk silliness

Red Hot Chilli Peppers – By the Way, just love it.

TpS

PS hope I didn’t listen to too much this week…
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index