60 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Billy Milk
Billy Milk
2045 posts

Re: Soundtrack To Our Lives W/E 26/1/03
Jan 26, 2003, 18:07
massive attack - 100th window
got the promo and it's a grower. first couple of listens left me non-plussed and then it started to get its hooks in. loads of long songs, not much dub but some sub-bass to part you from your breakfast. highlight is prayer for england which features sinead o'connor who also appears on:

asian dub foundation - enemy of my enemy
full-spleen righteous mash-up, or summat x excellent stuff which see adf turn up the heat. the world's fucked up at the moment and this band's never been more on the money. should be available on the nhs.

jackie leven - shining brother, shining sister
awesome songsmithery and a veritable sonic cathedral which harks right back to the third doll by doll album for its soundscapes. some truly beautiful and literate songs here and leven's voice still holds its power. i interviewed him this week and he says that the doll by doll albums should be reissued later this year which will either mean nothing or have you creaming.

shirley collins - box set
4 cds of superb dark folk from this little treasure. astonishingly frank sleevenotes. she gave up singing when she found that her current beau ashley hutchings, had been shagging his way round the old vic. how sad is that?

boredoms - much
someone sent him 2 cds packed with the complete works of the boredoms on mp3. only got as far as wow but it's a headphuck

the residents - eskimo
who are these guys?

flaming lips - yoshimi
absolutely jaw-dropping gig in brum prompts early lips revival. nice to see morfe there with long hair

smell & quim - jesus christ
harumph!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index