Soundtrack To Our Lives W/E 26/1/03

60 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Soundtrack To Our Lives W/E 26/1/03
Jan 26, 2003, 13:26
Please Pull Apart - Burning Love Jumpsuit. Sampletastic grooves from Dublin. Worth the price alone for the opening track 'Cheerleader'

Machine Gun In The Clowns Hand - Jello Biafra. Spoken word album number 786 or something from the former Kennedy. Somehow not as funny as he used to be, but then maybe there's just a lot less to laugh about. Still very sharp.

Le Red Soul Comunnitte - Tokyo Sex Destruction. Spanish/French garage sould type noise with some radical posturing thrown in on top. Stomping with lots of handclaps.

Hallowed Ground - Violent Femmes. I've been trying to explain (in an unsung review) why I think this is the greatest album ever made. Needless to say I can't. Byt, just got myself a CD version (yay!) and it still sounds as vital as it did 20 years ago.

The Bushes Scream While My Daddy Prunes - The Very Things. Helpless nostalgia lead me to buy this while in London this week.

Essential Fucked Up Blues - Immortal Lee Cunty Killers. Caught them live and was inspired to dig out the last album.

Various Penguine Cafe Orchestra albums. Just took a mad turn the other night. Fab stuff.

My iPod on random song shuffle. Will switch it on to see what the first five tracks it throws at me are:
Laughing Boy - JC (seriously, spooky synergy type happening)
(I Don't Wanna Be No) Catholic Boy - Dead Boys
Something I Said - Ray Condo
Love Affair With Everyday Living - The Woodentops
The Ballad of Charles Whitman - Kinky Friedman.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index