Copedium: info?

201 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Mar 20, 2012, 13:27
Re: Copedium: info?
Mar 20, 2012, 13:22
I don't know. If you had £200 to spare would you feel the same? I mean I'm not happy about it, but I don't really regard it as Cope capitulating to The Man either.
Popstars n Rockstars that spout off about "things" are almost certainly destined to come off as hypocritical at some point, especially if they've made a bit of dosh in their careers. I'm not saying that such things should be above criticism, but I think, as a punter and fan, you have to make peace with a certain amount of what may be percieved as bullshit from artists (see also actors, Artists etc) or be condemned to an ascetic life of denial because so-and-so doesn't measure up. If so, good luck I say.

I think this ltd edition thing is just following in the Cope tradition of presenting things in a nice way. You can tell -and it's something I'm personally glad of - that Cope puts a lot of thought into how releases (and books et al) look. I think he comes from the perspective of being a bit of a nerdy collector himself, with an eye for an aesthtically pleasing 'thing'.

And how many people have shelled out for a super-deluxe release of something they've ALREADY GOT, let alone for a stand alone item?

Loads of artists admired on HH do limited vinyl and coloured releases and the like. It's not at all 'necessary', it's just a nice option for the die hards and must-haves. I can't afford 99% of these things but I can't honestly deny that I'd covet them or begrudge anyone that can afford 'em (Bastards, I HATE you!).

I mean, who amongst the people that release things here wouldn't quite like the option of an all-singing, all dancing, bells n whistles hand painted, carved from amythyst and delivered by fire-angels version of one of their albums?
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index