IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Mar 21, 2012, 14:01
Re: Copedium: info?
Mar 20, 2012, 18:49
keith a wrote:
IanB wrote:
I am with you on the core question. These packages and boxes are all about dragging the last bits of money out of the men and women still standing before retirement kicks in and we are all skint. You pays yer money (or not in my case) and takes your choice.

That said when it comes to the value of recorded music overall a £2.50 album in 1975 would cost £17.50 today so a £12 cd is great value by comparison. On the other hand it cost me £3 to see The Who that year (75p to see Rory Gallagher). What price any gig of that stature being anything less than double the equivalent today at £45 plus? Yet people moan more about the cost of recorded music than concert tickets. I don't get it.

I imagine that a lot of people who pay those kind of prices to see those big stars perform in big sheds only go to a few gigs a year and it's more of an event than a gig. This is, however, based on little evidence mind! But yeah, I totally agree. Ticket prices for major acts these days are out of control. But as long as people will pay it, they'll charge it!

I think the sad thing is that these leather clad books will largely end up in the hands of people looking at them as an investment to be cashed in on later via EBay etc. I would love one to leaf through and I have bought more or less everything he has done over the years and associated bits and bobs (barring the cave yelping thing and a couple of other BS off-shoots) but not for £200. Not for £100. £50 you might be talking. For £200 I would probably need a dongle with mp3s of all the albums on it ;-)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index