Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: Copedium: info?
Mar 20, 2012, 11:37
Squid Tempest wrote:
Elitest?

Being the awful collector of things limited that I am (I just can't resist something if it is likely to disappear off the shelves anytime soon) I'm really tempted, but somehow this just doesn't chime right with all the recent revolutionary stuff - or is it just me?

Maybe he's going to get all the rich fans into the gig and then do a Robin Hood thang...

You’re absolutely right, Squid, it sits most oddly indeed. One moment proclaiming that all those overpaid scumbags deserve a neckshot, the next offering them a special gig!
Ooh, unless the plan for the gig is to…..it has promised to be a ‘spectacular’….. maybe I’ll rethink making that purchase after all.

The gig thing is cleverish idea from the publishers (and I assume it was their idea), it means the resale value of the book is massively diminished, as a significant component of it wont be available for ebayers., so it wont shoot up in price like other special editions. Tho, actually, why Faber should be arsed about that, once they’ve already sold out, I dunno.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index