Copedium: info?

201 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9572 posts

Re: Copedium: info?
Mar 20, 2012, 14:47
Moon Cat wrote:
I don't know. If you had £200 to spare would you feel the same?

I don't know for sure, cos I haven't. But I suspect that I would still feel pissed off about it.

I've been a Cope fan for years and years. He's had a lot of my money over the years but for the most part I've never really begrudged it, even when I had to buy another Kilimanjaro for the new sleeve, and then another for the US version with Suffocate on it. Etc.

The most unhappy I've been with anything like was when Kiss My Sweet Apocalypse was released and I had to buy it on cd and vinyl to get all the tracks. I'm sorry but that doesn't sit well with me. Even so I bought it, figuring that Cope had entertained a few of us for nowt on that busking tour so this was a kind of way of paying back.

But this is preposterous. The record industry is in disarray and seems out to fleece those remaining record buyers - that's people like us lot here. Many people aren't paying for their music so those that are appear to be seen as some life-saving cash cow that are there to be milked dry and I've had enough of it. I would have loved to have bought that Beatles boxset or the Smile one, but the prices are outrageous. CD's were more expensive in the 90's than their comparative price today, but the Pet Sounds boxset was probably fifty quid max in the late 90's. There's no reason why Smile couldn't be an equivalent price.

Anyway, judging from the piece of this Compendium the book industry is presumably in the same disarray and out to fleece customers in the same way. They will no doubt tell me that it's a beautiful package and it might well be, but two hundred quid? TWO HUNDRED QUID? It's a disgrace. And for fuck's sake, we don't need leather covered books in this day and age. Really...

Elegant Chaos will never sound the same.

People I see
Just remind me of mooing
Like a cow on the grass

We don't need books to remind us of them as well.

So in case you hadn't guess, I'm not buying it. And that really pisses me off.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index