201 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sur plus
sur plus
42 posts

Re: Copedium: info?
Jul 03, 2012, 22:18
From the July Drudion:

Phew Brothers’n’Sisters, I have BIG news this July month, for my venerable publishers Faber & Faber have taken it upon themselves to unleash in book form almost the entire past ten years of Head Heritage Albums of the Month, well over 700 pages in a hardy’n’sumptuous box replete with three accompanying CDs of truly unmastered sonic genius (NB: I guarantee y’all that nothing is fucked-about-with on these CDs. I’m too Alan Lomax, too Attenborough for that) pouring forth from such diverse artists and ensembles as Blue Cheer, Chrome, Parson Sound, New Lou Reeds, Orthodox, Timothy Revelator, Sunburned Hand of the Man, Gunslingers, Lord Buckley, Hääre, Monoshock, Vibracathedral Orchestra, AR & Machines, Simply Saucer, Billy Miller’s Cold Sun and umpteen truckloads more. Alongside articles detailing the works of each of the aforemenched, readers get re-runs of Hardrocksampler, Danskrocksampler, Glamrocksampler, Postpunksampler and a 40+ page index to boot. Entitled COPENDIUM, this work will be available in three wildly diverse formats: 1) Massively expensive Limited Edition w/3CDs. Get this motherfucker only if you need need need on your bookshelf your personal hefty record of my own twisted Rock’n’roll Weltanshauung, 2) Smartly packaged MODERN ANTIQUARIAN-sized affordable essential hardback, or: 3) Free Free Free off our website same as always. That way, nobody gots to pay for what we already gave to you years ago, unless that is, you be a rock’n’roll scholar or a book lover. Finally, to all you Ladies’n’gentlemen musicians of the Underground, I do believe this massive tome will – over the passage of time – lend considerable cultural validation to all of our future statements. And so, to all of you artists whose work appears described within those 700+ pages of COPENDIUM, I say this: for having conjured up in my mind the kind of sustained psychedelically suffused imagery and barbarian inspirations that have caused me – month after month – to have brung forth this veritable Danube of barbarian commentary, I thank you all from the ocean bottom of my Dark Heart for having sent us all of these extraordinary works.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index