75 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Edited Jun 06, 2011, 21:24
Re: Soundtracks to Our Lives Weekending 4th June 2011
Jun 06, 2011, 20:44
Mostly listening whilst driving lately ( which is hardly ideal as i'm useless at muti-tasking ), a bit of a nostalgic selection too...

AFRICAN HEAD CHARGE - Off The Beaten Track

FUNKADELIC - Music For Your Mother

SLY & the FAMILY STONE - Greatest Hits

New to me...

LOS DUG DUGS - s/t & Smog - Not just a case of uncovering some more emperors new clothes either. S/T album is pure 60's psyche, Smog a leap forward into new territories, very much of its time ( 72? )so quite hard rockin', lots of flute action gives it a bit of Mick Abrahams era Tull vibe too, oh, and this one's sung in Spanish unlike the debut where English predominates ( despite struggling with some meaning that's a plus point for me personally ) Special mention for the drum solos on both albums and the ace chuggin' dugga dugga rhythm guitar that goes with them. Thought i was in Moby Dick hell until that kicked off !

Finally something current...

LUNAR DUNES - Galaxsea - Giant leaps and all that, really impressive stuff. Hardly been out of the player all week, 'nuff said.

CAUSA SUI - Pewt'r Sessions 1 - one of the best things i've heard all year, can't recommend it highly enough, review from distro website follows ( with input from the Drude too )...

http://www.cargorecords.co.uk/release/15443

which apart from Julian's contribution actually undersells it IMO !

All the best everyone,

Mark x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index