Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks To Our Lives Weekending 9/4/11

73 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives Weekending 9/4/11
Apr 11, 2011, 11:52
Deep Purple - In Rock usually I just listen to the Flight Of The Rat side of this but I listened to both sides in a fit of Purple vinyl madness, and I'd quite forgotten how good Speed King was and how shit hot the studio Child In Time was

Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy in the above vein I usually programme this CD to play the good bits [CD players are terrible things in a way, the plus point being you can listen to the live Karn Evil 9 in all its glory] but having recently gushed about this to Squid iI actually gave it a proper start to finish listen and was frankly blown away [by the Rock n Roll doctor probably] Lyrics aside, and even then Ozzy makes something like Dirty Women sound plaintive rather than the crass & boorish you general associate with metal, but Iommi & especially Geezer Butler are on fire here, even the slushy lighter in the air ballad is top notch, great lp

Crippled Black Pheonix - gave everything a listen after seeing them live on Friday, brilliant live set, why the fuck they are playing the Cluny when they should be filling stadiums is beyond me, but that's life I suppose

Opeth - Damnation one of my workmates described this as suicidal so I put this on instead

Birchville Cat Motel - Gunpowder Temple Of Heaven the look on his face made me put on radio 2 ,I think he prefers Ken Bruce

Cramps - Psychadelic Jungle

AMT - IAO Chant from the Cosmic Inferno

Birthday Party - Hee Haw

The who -Isle of Wight I love this, a ragged companion to live at Leeds, very rough about the edges, love the bit where Townshend coming in early on the vocals shouts out 'bah!' in self disgust, I remember being warned to keep away from all the hippies going to the IOW festival, but all the huge bearded blokes seem to find an 8 year local a safer source of info than most of the locals, I remember a nice brunette lady asking if I waqnted to go with her but i had to decline due to the fact i wouldn't have made it home in time for tea

Judas Priest Sad wings of Destiny,Sinner,Stained Class, Killing Machine most enjoyable collection, nary a duff track between them

Propaganda - a Secret Wish

Thin Lizzy - Johnny The Fox

Art of Field recording - Vols I & II from the dust to digital label various people across the United States playing folk /blues/whatever, the Gospel discs let me feel Godly on a Sunday without hassle of churchesw n shit, my emergency card just in case there is a God, 'Never mind the Slayer bigman I was listening to Gospel every Sunday, now give me a door pass and tell the bint in the white to stop flapping those wings in my face'

Tim Buckley - Dream Letter Live In London 68

Jeff Buckley - Grace

Mark Lanegan & Isobel Campbell - Hawk
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index