Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks To Our Lives Weekending 9/4/11

73 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
flashbackcaruso
1058 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives Weekending 9/4/11
Apr 10, 2011, 22:38
Simon & Garfunkel - Live 1969 (a special bonus to UK purchasers of the new deluxe 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' - a very interesting setlist which allowed the 1969 audience a preview of some soon to be very big songs)

The Zombies - Odessey & Oracle

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II

Matthew Friedberger - Meet Me In Miramas (2nd in Matt's vinyl only subscription series - this time using just guitars, resulting in something a bit more driven than the more esoteric first installment which just used pianos. Still rather self-indulgent and lacking in killer tunes, however. The accumulative effect is the thing, I reckon).

The Kinks - Kinda Kinks
The Kinks - The Kink Kontroversy (Wonderful deluxe reissues, beautifully packaged and sounding amazing).

Bee Gees - To Whom It May Concern (Keep forgetting how many interesting touches there are on this easy-to-forget album. Aside from the Moog-meets-Wicker Man 'Sweet Song Of Summer', Maurice half-inches the harpsichord riff from John Barry's 'The Persuaders Theme' at one point. Well someone had to do it).

Far East Family Band - Nipponjin (Still need to explore deeper into Julian's Japrocksampler recommendations, but this is easily my favourite so far, pushing all the right buttons to make the potentially risible idea of a Japanese tribute to The Moody Blues something really quite sublime).

Can - Monster Movie
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index