Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Edited Apr 11, 2011, 00:28
Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives Weekending 9/4/11
Apr 11, 2011, 00:20
redfish365 wrote:
[quote="mingtp"]Broadsword/Beast is one of my favorite Tull albums ever. I actually got it back when it came out and I think it was the first Tull record I ever bought. Maybe 2nd after Aqualung. Nonetheless, the songwriting IS ABSOLUTELY top-notch and while you're right about it having some cheesy 80s production values I just love it from beginning to end.

Well you made me dig it out again. I agree, great album and a return to some of their form. Could it be that it is the album made by a member of the prog old guard that sounds most like an album made by an eighties prog band? Mercifully free of the portentous spoken word bit that renders many of them, though still great records, comedy classics.

I know there is much love for early Marillion but... Well take Forgotten Sons. Isn't part of the enjoyment the toe curling embarrasement of it all? Like watching Fawlty Towers or The Office. Geoff Mann in Twelfth Night was a bugger for it throughout Fact And Fiction. Increasing my enjoyment sevenfold. Pallas on that thing about Atlantis (balls of steel those boys). Even IQ on The Wake - I think, though my favourite havn't listened it for ages. Must dig it out as well.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index