Live Albums

99 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
aether
149 posts

Edited Sep 09, 2010, 19:48
Re: Live Albums
Sep 09, 2010, 19:45
Was talking with my mate yesterday about Floyd Live - Isn't strange they waited till 88 (after Ummagumma of course) to put out a live LP - what with their pioneering live sound mix around 73, a live 2LP of the Dark Side Tour shoulda been a cert. I think -

I know they had Pompeeii which is a quality flm, and the remaster of that with the DSOTM stuff is probably the nearest thing we'll get to what i'm talking about. I know they didn't differ much from the LP versions from Dark Sie on - but a 73 tour live double with DSOTM, echoes, careful with that axe and Set the controls in a nice lavish package would've been great!!!

Of course they were bootlegged to death but to me thats all the more reason for a live LP AT THE TIME!!! (i.e. 73/4).

And visually, I think they've got a full show with synched sound from the dark side tour because they always show it in documentaries - the careful with that axe clip with Rog with his ciggie in his bass strings (best place for it!! - hahaha!! - only joking, I fucking love the floyd, but Rog was no Jaco was he?)

I'm sure they could rustle up a nice Dark Side Tour 73 DVD
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index