Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Edited Sep 08, 2010, 23:02
Re: Live Albums
Sep 08, 2010, 22:48
More faves:

Curtis Mayfield "Curtis/Live!" - another of my all time favorite double-lives I forgot about.

ELP - Pictures at an Exhibition (I didn't think of this as a live album only because there are no studio versions -- Emerson does his raunchiest moog-farting on this album!) And also the triple-live album with the really long title (but NOT the 1977 concert LP with the orchestra doing "Pirates".)

Slayer - Decade of Agression (not really one of their best, but a good example of the live album as "greatest hits played faster".)

Husker Du - The Living End (only too bad it's from their final tour -- not that their stage sound got slick or anything.)

Black Flag - Who's Got The 10 1/2? (the classic lineup of the band)

Parliament's "P-Funk Earth Tour" double live isn't all that great (poor sound), but there is a side of an LP that is the soundtrack to the "Mothership Connection Live In Houston" VHS tape which is HOT HOT HOT (other side is G. Clinton solo tracks.) Too bad they didn't put that show out as a complete double live set instead (think it was actually recorded on the tour before PFET, but video was released in the 80's.) That Houston video is killer too. Whattashow!!

Byrds "Untitled" live half is pretty good -- at least for the weird Mahavishnu-esque version of "Eight Miles High".

Tom Jones "Live In Las Vegas" (the one with that title is the best of his three live albums, all of which were recorded in Las Vegas! "Live At Caesar's Palace" is a double with a classic album cover of Tom as Caesar, surrounded by "slave girls" of course. Best part about the "Caesar" LP is it includes lots of Tom flirting and rapping with the ladies in the audience.)

Ted Nugent "Intensities In Ten Cities" -- half as long and twice as stupid as "Double Live Gonzo"!!

Joni Mitchel "Miles of Aisles" (from her brief top 40 jazz-rock period)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index