99 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Live Albums
Sep 07, 2010, 22:11
Robot Emperor wrote:
Which ones do it for you? My list of favourite live albums has embarrassingly remained unchanged for the last twenty odd years (the most recent being Thin White Rope's 1993 "The One That Got Away" - importantly its a Live Double). This reveals what a simple loyal soul I am, but also that the golden age of the live album has passed. Or has it? Enlighten my ignorance.

Funny that, guess which Davis California band I'm listening to live material by for the first time in a while when I look at this for the first time? Do wish i'd got the visuals for hat show you mention,. the double cd is pretty decent.

I think my fav live show is a bootleg though, so while it has had more circulation over the last couple of years than before a lot of people probably don't know it
Black Flag Marquee '84 & it has a different feel to other recordings of them the same year. i always hear bits of Link wray in there.

Henry Cow in '75 on the Freedom 3cd set or The Concerts lp are great too.
Grateful dead in august '68 or May 70 so officially 2 From the Vault or Dick's Picks 8. Though DP 4 is great too.
Davy graham afterhours (the candid late night hull party recording)
Birthday Party Live 81-82 or Minneapolis '83
Gun Club Hamburg 83
got quite a few so may return to this.

Stevo
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index