99 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Re: Live Albums
Sep 09, 2010, 19:13
Robot Emperor wrote:
So true about live albums being a good introduction to a band in the days before the internet, when everything was just so much harder to find. Explains why I have had so many over the years. Many of the albums you mention I have only got to listen to over the last few years thanks to the internet - The SAHB one for example. So I am finding new live albums all the time - most of them over thirty years old though.

Some more old fav's

Status Quo Live. Come on it's great. Would be surprised if this was one of those "almost live" heavily doctored albums. Chancers they may have been

One Live Badger. A debut album which is also a live album. Is this unique? Produced by Jon Anderson at the concert Yessongs was recorded. Have never met anyone else who likes it. Even people who think Yes went downhill after Tony Kaye left.

I loved Quo in that era (up to and inc Blue For You) and that Badger album is a really good straight up rock record. It sounds just like gigs in those days sounded. You can hear the sound as it was in the hall rather than how it sounded through the monitors.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index