Unsung Forum »
Live Albums

99 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9564 posts

Re: Live Albums
Sep 08, 2010, 12:09
TBH I tend to listen to live stuff a couple of times and file them away these days, but there was a time when as Ian says they had more impact. These are a few I've loved....

Absolutely Live - The Doors
Not sure anyone else here has mentioned this. Not heard it in a long time, but always thought this was a classic. Fab version of When The Music's Over. Must give a mention to one called Bright Midnight - Live In America that came out a few years ago, too. Meant to get the others in that series but never got round to it.

1969 - Velvet Underground
Really nice feel to this one.

Totales Turns - The Fall
Raw as anything!

Babylon By Bus - Bob Marley & the Wailers
I know this was considered inferior to the earlier 'Live' one, but aged 18 or whatever I hadn't heard that one and loved the lengthy Exodus that Peel played from this one and bought this - unusually for me on cassette - a couple of years later.

Les Douches / Preston - Joy Division
Both absolutely top notch.

I was a big fan of Gentle Giant's Live: Playing The Fool back in the day and keep meaning to give it a play. One day....

It's All In The Brochure - Wire
The RFH gig from 2000. I was there! Still debating whether to spend 60 odd quid on the Wire live downloads. I've liked the live Wire stuff that has come out in recent yrs but it seems like a lot to shell out without getting a hard copy - for a dinosaur like me at least.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index