'Morrissey is racist' - Moz responds

27 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Jan 08, 2008, 20:58
Re: 'Morrissey is racist' - Moz responds
Jan 08, 2008, 06:26
I agree. If anything, I think he's being overly generous - I stopped buying it around mid-1987 after they published that trashily promoted "Youth Suicide" article. Switched to Melody Maker for a few years after that, since - despite the overblown and often hyperbolic tone of it's writing - they seemed quicker off the mark when it came to promoting interesting new bands at that point than NME.

Then, aound ten years ago (in the same week Princess Di karked it if I remember rightly), MM changed editor, had Zoe Ball on the cover, and dumbed down to the point of being unreadable to anyone over the age of 16. Then (hahaha) they had to merge with NME before shutting up shop completely. I can only agree with you by hoping NME meets the same sorry demise at some point this year. I've met Conor Mc Nicholas in person and he's the most arrogant, superscilious ex-public schoolboy twat I've ever had the misfortune to encounter (apart from the other guitarist / singer in my last band, that is, but we won't go into that...)

Mind you, it would have been no loss to me if Morrissey hadn't released any more records after the Smiths' debut either, if I'm honest. Good response nonetheless.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index