Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Jehovahkill Deluxe - Anyone else with a dodgy disc 1?
This topic is locked

Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bluntlaser
64 posts

Jehovahkill Deluxe - Anyone else with a dodgy disc 1?
Nov 06, 2006, 11:17
I know this has been discussed, but i just wanted to work out if all of the copies of Jehovahkill 'Deluxe' have a bad sounding disc 1 (crackly, bit like old vinyl). If not then i'd like to get a good sounding one!
I really hope some exist, judging by a few posts they do!
embryonomore
embryonomore
853 posts

Re: Jehovahkill Deluxe - Anyone else with a dodgy disc 1?
Nov 06, 2006, 13:30
Mine definately has dodgy sound.

I've noticed that Holy said Julian had the master made from his original 1992 CD master, however, i have to note that some of the fade out songs end everso slightly later than the original release (noticeable if you listened to the original release as much as I did and embedded it in your brain fades and all).

As such, I wonder if memory did not serve Mr Cope right, and it was infact a rough mix master CD he used?

This would account for all the discrepancies.

Either way, I am somewhat dissapointed with the sound quality of my reissue disk.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Nov 06, 2006, 13:33
embryonomore wrote:
Mine definately has dodgy sound.

I've noticed that Holy said Julian had the master made from his original 1992 CD master, however, i have to note that some of the fade out songs end everso slightly later than the original release (noticeable if you listened to the original release as much as I did and embedded it in your brain fades and all).

As such, I wonder if memory did not serve Mr Cope right, and it was infact a rough mix master CD he used?

This would account for all the discrepancies.

Either way, I am somewhat dissapointed with the sound quality of my reissue disk.

The track lengths are certainly all identical. When I put the CD into my Mac for the first time it thought it was the original version.
Holy McGrail
Holy McGrail
1257 posts

Nov 06, 2006, 13:41
Well if some are crackling and some aren't, there might well be a manufacturing defect on some of them. Maybe send yours back and get a replacement?
embryonomore
embryonomore
853 posts

Nov 06, 2006, 13:44
There's no difference in track lengths that I've noticed, as it is literally less than a seconds difference in the fades. It's like you hear an extra note played at the very end of the fades, that sort of thing. Reeeeeal trainspotter details.
embryonomore
embryonomore
853 posts

Nov 06, 2006, 13:44
I'll probably do just that Mr McGrail :)
spaceman75
5 posts

Nov 06, 2006, 14:26
...but it sounds like each 2nd or 3rd person here is in hold of dodgy discs... were they all messed up by Island ? Maybe somebody should get in touch with them after all ??
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Nov 06, 2006, 14:33
I must admit it's putting me off purchasing one until it has been sorted out. And I'm itching to hear it! Mind you, I wasn't going to pay the £17.99 that Impulse records wanted...
embryonomore
embryonomore
853 posts

Nov 06, 2006, 14:50
I got mine on Play for £12.99

It's a dodgy one tho'
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Nov 06, 2006, 14:54
yeah, I noticed Amazon had them for £12.99 too. HMV and Virgin have them for £15.99 I think. I'm going to hang fire a bit until this "dodgy CD" issue is clarified though...
Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] This topic is locked

Unsung Forum Index