Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Jehovahkill Deluxe - Anyone else with a dodgy disc 1?
This topic is locked

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Leonard
Leonard
359 posts

Re: Jehovahkill Deluxe - Anyone else with a dodgy disc 1?
Nov 12, 2006, 17:30
"To satisfy several people here are my CD codes, although there's not going to be more than 1 pressing of this CD yet anyway :"

Yep, that's what I was thinking about this, it's early days and it's not exactly going to be a huge pressing run anyway. It seems to be true too as the 'good' CDs have, unsurprisingly, the same master numbers. Sooo.. it's down to everyones tolerance/sensitivity if yr happy good, if yr not theres nowt that can be done. I reckon tripecacs test has proven that something odd has happened between the original release and the deluxe release.

What it all probably means though is there is absolutely no point sending yr copies back to island as there isn't another better batch out there. I mean, if there was, surely it would carry different numbers. No pressing plant is going to use entirely different masters or process to make a different batch without having a way of tracing it easily (as in the numbers on the CD).
Piquiod
Piquiod
525 posts

Nov 13, 2006, 18:15
Ok, I listened to the original, and the Deluxe editions and I deffo hear a crackle on the guitar on Slow Rider...
The overall volume of the cd is louder than the original, but I cede that there is crackling on disc 1.
I hadn't noticed before as I listened to disc 1 on crappy pc speakers at work at lower volumes...
Disc 2 has been played nonstop on everything I own...and it sounds good enough for me as they are mostly demos...
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Nov 13, 2006, 23:22
FWIW my disc one was 'noisier' than I expected, but my original is boxed away at the moment so I can't really check
Brik
587 posts

Nov 14, 2006, 18:49
Mine seems sound so far, but as its been said, my speakers are naff so I might just not be hearing it...
Dok
9 posts

Nov 19, 2006, 19:28
Just signed on to this forum looking for comments concerning the rice krispy sound and this is more then a bit disappointing to me. Has Cope not commented anywhere about this problem? Surely he is aware of it. There is definitely CRACKLE and distortion in a lot of the quiet spots and my guess is that is was overlooked in the mastering. At first I thought it might have had something to do with the age of the tapes or that they didn't prepare them properly but I don't think so. I think they overamped or as someone else more knowledgable here has said about the normalization. The original CD is much quieter and I would have to say I would choose to listen to it over this deluxe edition. I was planning to give my original away but not any longer. I haven't even gotten to the second disc yet. I honestly don't know why they bothered to remaster... it would have been better just to reissue the original given the results. What a let down... and a rip off of the fans.
Mister_Mister
25 posts

Nov 19, 2006, 22:28
I'm with Dok and Rix here. Nobody deserves such treatment and I'm new.
murgatroy
murgatroy
38 posts

Nov 20, 2006, 02:52
It seems quite apparent that there are more than a few disgruntled folk who have purchased this cd.It also seems that, with so many end users reporting quality issues, there is substance to the claims.

I cannot speak from experience as i have not purchased the offending item yet.I have it on my christmas list, but am in two minds at the present moment.

If this is a clear quality issue, surely Island/Universal must be accountable for the end product.Every company has a complaints procedure.And i'm sure the weight of negativity within this thread would urge them to investigate pressing issues at the presssing plant.

Please vent your spleen to the *lovely people below.

Universal Island Records
136-144 New Kings Road,
London SW6
Tel: 020 8910 3333
Fax: 020 8748 1998

* I was once put through to some a&r twat who, with deadpan delivery, said: " Julian cope? The last i heard he was off to write a book about some fucking pebbles."
Dok
9 posts

Nov 20, 2006, 03:34
[quote="murgatroy"]It seems quite apparent that there are more than a few disgruntled folk who have purchased this cd.It also seems that, with so many end users reporting quality issues, there is substance to the claims.

I cannot speak from experience as i have not purchased the offending item yet.I have it on my christmas list, but am in two minds at the present moment.

If this is a clear quality issue, surely Island/Universal must be accountable for the end product.Every company has a complaints procedure.And i'm sure the weight of negativity within this thread would urge them to investigate pressing issues at the presssing plant.

Please vent your spleen to the *lovely people below.

Universal Island Records
136-144 New Kings Road,
London SW6
Tel: 020 8910 3333
Fax: 020 8748 1998

Considered it vented and in mail this morning.
Tripecac
Tripecac
98 posts

Nov 25, 2006, 22:57
So, what should those of us who hear crackle do at this point?

a) return Jehovahkill Deluxe to the vendor (e.g., Amazon.com)

b) buy another copy and see if it sounds better

c) contact Universal / Island

d) wait until someone who has contacted Universal / Island tells us what to do
bluntlaser
64 posts

Nov 25, 2006, 23:28
I emailed island and they told me to contact a guy called Daryl Easley who deals with the reissue catalogue. I'm going to phone him on Monday.
If i have any interesting news (which i doubt) i'll let y'all know.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] This topic is locked

Unsung Forum Index