Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Jehovahkill Deluxe - Anyone else with a dodgy disc 1?
This topic is locked

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Tripecac
Tripecac
98 posts

Re: Jehovahkill Deluxe - Anyone else with a dodgy disc 1?
Nov 26, 2006, 17:50
If the reissue guy is interested in "proof" of the mastering problems, he can check out the sound samples:

http://tripalot.com/cope/reviews/#jehovahkill-deluxe
Tripecac
Tripecac
98 posts

Dec 07, 2006, 19:59
I listened again to the Jehovahkill Deluxe CDs.

The crackling is horrid, so horrid...

This is probably the worst-sounding CD that I own at this point.

I see that 2 (out of 3) people on amazon.co.uk mentioned the crackle in their reviews. The only review not to mention the crackle was written back in early October, before the CD was actually released.

So the crackle is not just a subtle artifact of normalization that only picky audiophiles will hear. It's a horrible flaw in the production, so awful sounding that I don't dare sell this CD on Amazon (assuming I can find a replacement).

Is anyone else on here as frustrated as I am?
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Dec 07, 2006, 20:13
I have bought one yestearday from amazon.fr but I'm affraid of what my ears will hear ;-)
But the price was ok, only 6.90 euros
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Edited Dec 07, 2006, 20:21
Dec 07, 2006, 20:21
So, why don't you return it to the point of purchase?
Nikinakinoo
Nikinakinoo
1281 posts

Dec 08, 2006, 10:42
Did anyone get to the bottom of this?

I want to order a copy.
Tripecac
Tripecac
98 posts

Dec 08, 2006, 15:52
You might want to wait, depending on how sensitive your ears are.

For me, the cracking is so bad that I am in a constant state of irritation throughout both CDs. It's the opposite of enthusiasm.

Perhaps Island will fix the problem and send us replacement CDs. Has that ever happened, though?

My suggestion is to try to listen to a friend's copy first... Or find a rip. Try before you buy. If you find a copy in the store, listen to it on the store's headphones. Don't buy over the internet unless you are sure you can get a good return policy.
Billy Milk
Billy Milk
2045 posts

Dec 08, 2006, 17:38
must admit, haven't played my disk 1 - got it already in original blue slipcase etc... disc 2 sounds fine tho'
HI DEN
HI DEN
814 posts

Edited Dec 09, 2006, 00:19
Dec 08, 2006, 23:58
Just listening first time to the jk dlx disc 1 and it seem like someone has been putting some static plastic wrap (clearly visible with headphones, except when it gets louder)around the music. Every time the music makes a move a tiny crackle can be heard.

But, a little bit of stochastic resonance won´t do any harm

at least in my opinion.

And i think it sounds fairly good.
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Re: Jehovahkill Deluxe - Anyone else with a dodgy
Dec 14, 2006, 14:47
I think the bottom line is that there are some good copies & quite a few dodgy ones. No idea which is most common. Of people on here that have commented, I reckon it's about equal.

I hadn't been on here much for a while so didn't know people had had probs & ordered it a cuppla weeks after release. Mine's been played on a decent system & listened to with headphones & seems fine.

If it's crackly, I'd take/send it back - I used to have to do it all the time with vinyl. (Another reason I prefer CDs to vinyl, but let's not open that can of wurm....)

love

Moth
Tripecac
Tripecac
98 posts

Re: Jehovahkill Deluxe - Anyone else with a dodgy
Dec 18, 2006, 20:52
Has anyone sent back a crackly one and gotten a better sounding one?

Or, more generally, has anyone listened to two Jehovahkill Deluxe CDs and verified that one sounds worse than the other?
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] This topic is locked

Unsung Forum Index