Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Jehovahkill Deluxe - Anyone else with a dodgy disc 1?
This topic is locked

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
burningwheel
61 posts

Re: Jehovahkill Deluxe - Anyone else with a dodgy disc 1?
Jan 02, 2007, 21:38
i haven't bought it yet but i'm leary. can you do a poll on this forum? maybe we should have a poll to see who got good copies

usually you can return the cd to the manufacturer for an exchange if the store won't take it back
HI DEN
HI DEN
814 posts

Jan 03, 2007, 21:08
On the basis of what i have been following the conversations here, there seems to be about as many opinions of it being shit as there is of it being good.It can be both(certainly the result is different compared to the first one.), but mainly i like it, i even gave away the old one.

Id say go and get it !
Tripecac
Tripecac
98 posts

Jan 09, 2007, 04:43
It would be nice if we could verify whether some CDs sound worse than others.

That way, those of use with "bad" disks at least have a course of action: return the bad CD for another CD until we get a good CD.

If no one knows is able to do a bad-vs-good comparison, then it's going to be very hard to convince ourselves that returning the CD is worth the postage. Especially if we ordered overseas.
Tripecac
Tripecac
98 posts

Jan 14, 2007, 02:31
Has Julian been told about the static some of use are hearing?
bluntlaser
64 posts

Jan 14, 2007, 02:56
I did contact the head heritage site and told them bout my dodgy disc but they told me to go buy a new one, which i did, then emailed them a couple of times but no response.

If it was a head heritage issue then i'm sure they'd sort it out but as its all about ISLAND/UNIVERSAL i'm not sure what their response should be. I even tried contacting the "re-issue" guy at island with no response.

Nobody seems to give a shit, except the people on this forum.

When Warner Bros (i think) fucked up Flaming Lips Soft Bulletin 5.1 i got a hand written note from Michael Ivins and a new sorted copy. I hope we can we expect a similar response from Mr. Cope!
Tripecac
Tripecac
98 posts

Edited Jan 14, 2007, 20:33
Jan 14, 2007, 20:32
DId your replacement Jehovahkill Deluxe CDs sound different from the first ones?
bluntlaser
64 posts

Jan 15, 2007, 01:59
My replacement sounded exactly the same. I think they're all fucked!
Be interesting to hear a promo!
Tripecac
Tripecac
98 posts

Jan 23, 2007, 16:45
So, as far as we know, all copies of Jehovahkill Deluxe sound the same?

There are no "good copies"?

People with sensitive ears (and sensitive stereos) will always hear the crackle???
Dok
9 posts

May 04, 2007, 16:38
Just got this follow up response from Daryl Easlea at Universal... so there you have it. Julian fucking Cope signed off on this himself. I'm just afraid we're going to get the same results on PS.. :-(

Hello there. Sorry I have taken a while to get back to you.
As you know, Julian Cope himself supervised the remastering of Jehovahkill. Julian is entirely happy with the results and it reflects the album as originally intended when he created the work.
Therefore, the album remains as it is.
Thank you very much for your comments and interest.
Peggy Suicide will follow in August.

All very best

D
ToneStone
ToneStone
1768 posts

May 04, 2007, 18:47
On closer inspection Disc one does indeed sound crap and really crackly in the high end :(
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 ] This topic is locked

Unsung Forum Index