Sountracks to our lives 11 July 2004CE

75 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Sountracks to our lives 11 July 2004CE
Jul 12, 2004, 17:40
Popol Vuh "Einsjager & Siebensjager" -- not bad, but I'm not getting "into" PV very much. I choose the music I "listen" to, but I don't choose what music I "LIKE" -- it chooses me. Having heard a couple PV records my subconsious is not urging me to put them on again. Unlike the following artists/albums which I am hungry for more of:

Guru Guru "UFO" -- pretty cool, but "Hinten" & "Kanguru" impressed me even more.

Silberbart "4 Times Sound Raising" -- now this is FUCKING AWESOME!!!!! Parts of it sound a lot like the classic fuzztone clatter of Leafhound & Sir Lord B. Other parts go off into Guru/Duul2 krautjammery. Then there's some skrazzzz noise attacks that make me wonder if this isn't secretly Thurston Moore's favorite band & biggest influence!

Giles Giles & Fripp "Cheerful Insanity" -- lovely stuff, like Dukes of Stratosphear only it's the real deal. I like it better than most King Crimson records!

And of course . . .

ELP: "Trilogy" on the turntable, and my mix tape in the car. "The Hut of Baba Yaga" anyone? ;-)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index