Unsung Forum »
Sountracks to our lives 11 July 2004CE

75 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Re: Sountracks to our lives 11 July 2004CE
Jul 11, 2004, 21:07
Nurse With Wound - Chance Meeting Of A Defective Tape Machine And Migraine: Steve Stapleton's mate makes a tape to tape copy of NWW first album but the cassette deck is so knackered that it stretches stuff, reverses stuff and generally morphs the f*ck out of it. This is my first proper NWW purchase and people say that it is not a good introduction to them. I did enjoy it on headphones on the way into work, but sounded worse over speakers. Next up im hoping to get a copy of The Man With The Woman Face.

Morrissey - You Are The Quarry: Great comeback album by The Moz.

Ian Brown - Golden Greats: Still sounds great, probabily his best one. More produced than Unfinished Monkey Business (which had a low-fi, under-produced almost amateurish charm all of its own).

Ian Brown - Music of The Spheres - Far too produced but contains his all time great F.E.A.R.

Death In June - The Brown Book: More Walkman listening and Douglas P's finest hour.

The Associates - Sulk: Great 80s pop with a hint of the darker side. Not quite as good as Fourth Drawer Down but still a classic.

Television - Marque Moon: regularly features in many greatest albums of all time polls and rightly so.

Emerson Lake and Palmer - Fanfare For The Common Man: listened to CD 1 of this double CD. Im going to post a review/appraisal of this (CD 1 only) but in the forum (don't want to steal Dog 3000 thunder or stray outside the interpreted boundaries of the review section). It will be mainly positive criticism as CD 1 kicks but CD 2 blows in the main so I might not bother with it.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index