Sountracks to our lives 11 July 2004CE

75 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Beebon
1375 posts

Re: Sountracks to our lives 11 July 2004CE
Jul 11, 2004, 21:07
Yo!

Shirley Collins - Amaranth: This is gradually begining to sink in with me... as with the rest of her stuff i've heard. I've always been used to acoustic folk music, but traditional stuff is quite alien to me. I am glad to say that is gradually changing and I'm really getting into this.

Parliament - Mothership Connection: Woah, this has been a lot of fun all week and you can certainly make my funk the P Funk!

Coil - Scatology: Yay! My CD finally turned up after just under 2 months wait from Threshold House. Needless to say i reckon this is great stuff yet still needs plenty more time :)

Human League - Reproduction: Got the LP for £3 last weekend and yeh it's ok... though i've only played it once so far. Im sure it's something i'm likely to come back to.

Simon & Garfunkel - Parsley Sage, Rosemary and Thyme: Music doesnt get much more twee than these two. I dont know why but i decided to dig me vynil copy out this week and ended up quite enjoying this... more than expected.

The Fall - Grotesque: Got this well cheap from ebay. Absolute classic album to these ears, sounds somewhere in between the unclean ramshackle sound of Dragnet and the slightly more subtle/experimental production of Hex Enduction Hour.

Thurston Moore - Psychic Hearts: Dug out me tape of this due to my recent return of interest with Sonic Youth. This is a great album though, full of catchy noise pop rockness with a long noisey guitar track at the end, which i rather enjoy.

Beastie Boys - Hello Nasty: This one encompases a huge range of their styles so in a way is a little bitty.... but i reckon that adds to the whole feeling of the record. I enjoy so much of this.

Super Furry Animals - Guerrilla: Yay love this album and am sooooo happy they are supporting Air when they play the Eden Project, i just know it's gonna be a very fun evening.

Can DVD: Not played this since around christmas time... however watched it at me mate's place last night plugged into a stereo (crappy one... but better than tv speakers!). Made the experience even more enjoyable! :)

Reckon that's all for this week!
:)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index