Guess what verdict the cop got

52 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Re: Guess what verdict the cop got
Apr 08, 2010, 16:19
Equally unsure how to reply to this - as this 'conversation' does seem to have spread somewhat. Equally unsure, given that I'm sure I 'bowed out' of this one earlier whether I should - but hey ho whatever...

Two points really;

For someone who purports to understand statistics, weight of evidence etc to post 3 clips featuring (some tiny percentage of the) police behaving badly and claim it dams the entire force somewhat beggars belief. I've just walked back through Covent Garden and (if so minded) could have filmed an equal amount of shots of coppers happily helping tourists to depict them all as saints.
Lets get this clear I'm not disputing for one second that (based on the evidence that I've seen) Smellie looks like a prime wanker who should have got his desserts HOWEVER this leads to my second point....

You don't know (apologies for the assumption if its wrong) all or indeed 99% of the UK's police officers so to tar them all morally corrupt and sociopathic on this evidence seems incredibly arrogant. As I've previously stated I know a couple (one being a family member) and - not being a fan of swinging generalisations - I find your petty 'fuck the police' mentality at worst offensive and at best something that you should have grown out of when you started to wear long trousers - I mean it's all a bit Young Ones-ish really? One of the people I’m talking about is frankly way over qualified for the police and could have earned much more money, far more easily elsewhere but feels that her vocation gives an opportunity to put something back into society. How many ‘interactions’ with the public do you think the police have every single day? To base your entire viewpoint on a tiny fraction of these seems slightly naïve – still keep doing the lottery…

To put this simply - I have no idea what your chosen trade or profession is, however if I were to label everyone else in it as egotistic, boorish and incapable of rational argument I'd (quite rightly) be called an idiot. However it’s OK for you to do this?

Oh and in case you think otherwise I've participated in my fair share of demos and protests but always confined my 'beef' to the policies not the paraphernalia.

Anyway - I've always perceived something of a 'cult of Merrick' in this part of the site so - with little hope that you'll acknowledge any of the above I'll leave the last word(s) to you.

Toodle pip
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index