52 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: Guess what verdict the cop got
Apr 07, 2010, 13:04
pooley wrote:
Do you equally hate a protester that uses a peaceful protest as an opportunity to bash a few coppers heads?

I do despise the idea that attacking cops is some sort of useful or worthy activity in and of itself, yes. The cops are not the enemy, they are its guard dogs.

But to answer the particular wording of the question, it depends on the specific situation, what the coppers are there to do on that day.

Frankly, I have more respect for violence from fascist street thugs than violence from cops. The fascists believe in something, the cops are just fighting for what other people believe in. Their violence is to maintain the rules written down by others, irrespective of their wisdom.

I cannot respect someone who would use whatever violence it took to enforce obedience to a rule then, when the rule is changed to its polar opposite, that same person uses the same coercion to enforce the new rule.

It's either a complete blind faith in those making the rules, or a belief that obedience to authority is the most important thing.

pooley wrote:
Would you defend the copper being targeted by a knob head protester (there are a few) with as much gusto as you would protect a protester being clobbered by a copper?

Again, I would decry it, but not to the same degree. The cops has been entrusted with a higher position, given arms and armour. So the same behaviour from them is a worse crime.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index