52 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Apr 03, 2010, 12:27
Re: Guess what verdict the cop got
Apr 03, 2010, 10:26
Just for reasons of clarification, my post was not intended to be taken that literally re. every single instance, I hoped that it was fairly obvious that I was letting off steam. I was referring to what I believe to be blatant State self interest which is becoming increasingly commom i.e. increased State violence at legitimate protests i.e. the student arrested under the new ant-terrorist legislation for reciting the numbers of war dead, the pensioner man handled at the labour party conference, the Blair era Chinese premier visit and the 'protective screens and ensuing police violence, the peaceful protesesters rounded up on mass at a church hall before they even started etc versus: John Prescott getting away with ABH, the expenses scandal, the recent 3 mps corruption scandal, and the travesty that is Tony Blair and the Iraq War enquiry. It goes on and on.

For the record, through my work I sometimes have to liase with the police and have no automatic dislike of them and get on fine with individual cconstables and community officers who of course are necessary i.e. a recent example being a well known local dealer taking a knife to a vulnerable person with mental health problems and assaulting them in order to empty their post office account. The two officers did a fantastic job and were completely professional. I see alot of this, sadly.
I'm referring to SPGs/Riot Police who have a different agenda and task masters. Back during the poll tax riots a female student friend of mine returned with two black eyes,a broken nose and a fractured wrist. She was 5"1'. I know that rallies can be infiltrated for reasons of inciting conflict, by both fringe groups and MI5. It is never clear cut, but to return to my original point, I believe that civil liberties are being seriously and dangeruosly eroded in this country. For example, the Uk has the highest level of CCTV surveilance in the world, fact. DNA sampling, Stop and search etc etc. The list goes on. An American friend of mine who visted recently was horrified, and our neighbours in the EU are aghast. Too many centuries of doffing the cap. The general population needs to act, fast, but I believe it's bread and circuses and apathy re. the majority, sadly. We need to take action, on mass, and fast.

On a lighter note..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR3KwODDzeY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgqeL0AvZfo&feature=related
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index