Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Edited Apr 02, 2010, 23:37
Re: Guess what verdict the cop got
Apr 02, 2010, 23:33
keith a wrote:
Another day in the life of Merrick and his World of Conspiracy Theories.

Yawn.

Keith, nobody's insulted anyone on this thread. Please don't start. I you take issue with something I, or anyone else, says then deal with it on its own terms, take it apart with intelligence, logic and fact.

Starting your post with an unprovoked insult doesn't make you appear reasonable, and so it discourages people from listening to whatever sound points you may be about to make.

keith a wrote:
the fact that she refused to testify would be a major reason for this verdict

It certainly didn't help her case any, agreed. But that footage speaks for itself.

I ask again, if the same film existed but of her attacking the copper, and the copper didn't testify, what verdict would you think the court would reach?

keith a wrote:
To suggest that coppers never get convicted of offences is ridiculous.

Indeed it is. Which is why, when someone did suggest such a thing on this thread, I gave specific examples of when it happened.

Can you say 'straw man'?

keith a wrote:
As for..."Imagine if the roles were reversed and a member of the public twatted a copper like that, but the copper didn't testify"...well that's a ridiculous statement. Giving evidence in court is part of their job!

Yes, they give evidence as part of the job. This is not the same as saying they always give evidence when their actions are in question. Ask Duckenfield, the copper in charge of the Hillsborough disaster, about that one.

And this is before we get to any interesting embellishments they want to make. Have a look at the video.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/8597217.stm

Do you really think he felt she was 'deliberately coming at him from a blind spot' and her juice carton was a possible weapon?

If not, what do you think he was doing?

And do you think that if you'd done the same thing to me in that situation you'd have got an acquittal?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index