52 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: Guess what verdict the cop got
Apr 03, 2010, 11:10
keith a wrote:
Don't play the victim, Merrick. I find your postings continually insulting (and patronising) to anyone who dares to disagree with you

This is a political board, here to lock horns and dissect moral and political issues. I only express an opinion when I have reason to hold it; thus I will defend it. Often, counter opinions are robust and we pick over our different reasoning. Sometimes, an opinion is vacuous or based on nonsense. I have little respect for the latter. That's not the same as 'insulting anyone who dares disagree with me'.

keith a wrote:
I also find your comments such as "I hate well over 99% of the police" to be insulting towards police officers I know and like, as well as being rather closed-minded and ignorant. When you have met 99% of them then I'll take your opinion seriously.

What I said was 'I hate police who would assault protesters just because they were ordered to, even when the protesters are peaceful'.

I think that's reasonable enough. Yet experience indicates that this would include the overwhelming majority of police. I don't need to meet them all to verify that, and more than I need to meet the members of any other organisation with a remit of political violence to judge their actions.

keith a wrote:
I fail to see what Hillsborough has got nothing to do with what you were talking about.

It was a flip comment and a poor example. The point I was ineptly trying to make was that police do not always give evidence, let alone unbiased and honest evidence.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index