The US Healthcare act

47 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: The US Healthcare act
Sep 29, 2009, 11:47
So basically what you're saying, Leech, is that every American should pay all of their expendable income into health insurance, and not question why it continues to rise past the rate of inflation at an alarming rate.

I had an interesting encounter once on the phone with a rep from a car insurance policy that was cancelled on me once because thru an error I was 20 bucks shy of paying on time. He was quite arrogant and rude. It was very clear to me that the insurance industry feels entitled to gouge this country for every spare penny it's got.

The 'libertarian' in you sees government tyranny. I see a situation that the insurance industry has brought upon itself by being greedy, inefficient, and callous.

The right wing bitches constantly about government waste and intrusion into our lives while actively working to give unaccountable, private concerns more power over us all. The fallacy that the 'free market' lowers costs and increases efficiency is nowhere as glaring as when you look at the insurance game.

I can't help but notice that the typical right winger is of the opinion that we, as a nation, should roll over and offer our throats to private corporate power and call that 'freedom'. A sentiment that only a hyena could love.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index