The US Healthcare act

Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

The US Healthcare act
Sep 16, 2009, 21:37
I know it's not been discussed much here. I've also seen how it's become a huge and heated issue on some other boards. But here it is in full anyway...

http://finance.senate.gov/sitepages/leg/LEG%202009/091609%20Americas_Healthy_Future_Act.pdf
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Edited Sep 17, 2009, 02:16
Re: The US Healthcare act
Sep 16, 2009, 23:58
It looks like we might get some sort of half assed bill passed, but it appears the public option is being discarded... which may end up leaving Americans with a WORSE system than we have now.

It looks like the employer based model is here to stay by all reckoning, meaning that if you lose your job, and THEN get sick, you're fucked.

And the latest plan to be put forward demands that everyone in the USA pay for health insurance or pay a fine. Great. We can take whatever crap they offer, or be fined and get nothing. Wonderful.

The fucking lobbyists are determined to not just scuttle the single payer option, they are actually determined to set the USA up so that the private insurance industry makes even MORE profits.

Fuck, fuck fuck..... I hate the idiocy of my government.

BTW, for those who find reading 223 pages of legalese a bit too much, here's a summation...
http://money.cnn.com/2009/09/16/news/economy/baucus_health_reform/?postversion=2009091619

No single payer plan for the USA. The most sensible approach is always the one that gets trashed... because it denies the greedheads their cut.
giantleech
37 posts

Edited Sep 22, 2009, 11:11
Sep 22, 2009, 11:08
handofdave wrote:
It looks like we might get some sort of half assed bill passed, but it appears the public option is being discarded... which may end up leaving Americans with a WORSE system than we have now.

What would have been FAR WORSE for Americans would have been if Obama, the house, and senate Democrats had rammed through legislation with a 'public option' attached, which the majority of Americans DO NOT WANT (any number of polls attest to this fact.)

Thankfully, the 'public option' has been rightfully defeated (as will be many house democrats in the 2010 election and Obama in 2012.) This defeat tears a hole in the hull of the S.S. Obama, and that is a ship I look forward to watching sink like the Titanic (Obama and the Democrats will still declare 'victory' if and when the less toothful version of their cobbled mess of a bill passes and the liberal (and dying) mainstream media will tout it as such as well.

handofdave wrote:
It looks like the employer based model is here to stay by all reckoning, meaning that if you lose your job, and THEN get sick, you're fucked.

Your other option, which is how it should be, is to pay for your own health insurance policy (as an independent contractor, this is what I have already been doing for years now.)

handofdave wrote:
And the latest plan to be put forward demands that everyone in the USA pay for health insurance or pay a fine. Great. We can take whatever crap they offer, or be fined and get nothing. Wonderful.

I'm certainly not for any of this Federal-State power grab, but you libs and novelty voters elected this Marxist ideologue into power, so this statist agenda of the Dems is what you will get, unless enough of us active conservatives (and enough sane liberals who do not detest free markets and who have soured quickly on this egomaniac prez's arrogant demeanor and reckless agenda) continue to get the facts out about this assault on our health care system and its related economy.

handofdave wrote:
Fuck, fuck fuck..... I hate the idiocy of my government.

I hate the idiocy of citizens of my country (the United States of America, a.k.a. the greatest country on Earth) who think that they can either get something for nothing (why not campaign to have Santa Claus for the top of the next DEM ticket?) or think that they can just continue to bleed further at threatened higher rates the productive citizens (ie: those of us who actually do pay Federal taxes) who are forced to subsidize through taxation and government mismanagement the medical costs/unpaid hospital bills of those ABLE BODIED WORKING AGE ADULTS who refuse to be economically responsible for the costs they incur.

handofdave wrote:
No single payer plan for the USA. The most sensible approach is always the one that gets trashed... because it denies the greedheads their cut.

No single player plan for the USA... and thank goodness for that!

Thank goodness for the so-called 'greedheads' as well. I reject this Marxist gobbledygook nonsense of calling the productive and achievement oriented citizens 'greedy'. They are the ones who produce the jobs, services and technological innovations (medical and otherwise) that too many people in this country simply take for granted. It is the individual liberties granted in this nation's constitution (and the declaration of independence), the free market and the ability to retain the monetary spoils (that which isn't confiscated from us in taxes, that is) of our own toil, innovation and success (and not the craved-for-by-liberals 'nanny state') that allows for the creation and promulgation of these products and services that are taken for granted
Lawrence
9547 posts

Sep 22, 2009, 12:46
Idiotleech thinks most people can afford to buy their own insurance policy, just like idiotleech thinks Bush did great things for the economy. Well I think if Obama wants this health care plan, even if it bankrupts the country I'd at least rather have that public option or it's a no-go for me. Incidentally there are conservatives who are against being forced to have a health care plan in the first place, idiotleech. I thought you knew that. (Incidentally, as I'm more libertarian-leaning these days I'm against it too...)
stray
stray
2057 posts

Sep 22, 2009, 14:23
I'm sorry, I'm not entering this debate properly but I absolutely fucking have to know.. How the fuck has Obama managed to get branded as a Marxist. I mean, I've just seen you do it leech, but you're not alone. You obviously don't know what Marxism is, nor does everyone else banding it around as a slur, but please for the love of god can someone tell me what Obama is saying/doing that makes people associate him with Marxism.
giantleech
37 posts

Edited Sep 22, 2009, 14:41
Sep 22, 2009, 14:39
Lawrence wrote:
Idiotleech thinks most people can afford to buy their own insurance policy, just like idiotleech thinks Bush did great things for the economy. Well I think if Obama wants this health care plan, even if it bankrupts the country I'd at least rather have that public option or it's a no-go for me. Incidentally there are conservatives who are against being forced to have a health care plan in the first place, idiotleech. I thought you knew that. (Incidentally, as I'm more libertarian-leaning these days I'm against it too...)

You're sounding a little weak today, Mr. Lawrence. Why, you called me 'Idiotleech' only three (3) times just now. Surely you could ramp up your silly ad hominem attack and repeat your little phrase a fourth, fifth, or maybe even a sixth time if you were feeling more robust and full of beans.

Should I call you a doctor?

Apparently, a psychiatrist would be just what Doctor Leech would order for you, as you sound absolutely schizophrenic with your delusions and lack of reason above.

On one hand you say that you think Chairman Obama should get what he 'wants', "even if It bankrupts the country" and on the other you want to pretend somehow that you are a budding libertarian?

You have somehow confused the political principles of libertarianism as being synonymous with being a 'libertine', which apparently you like to fancy yourself as being if bankrupting "the country" sounds like a fun thing to do.

Rather than a libertarian, you are pure and simple (an understatement) liberal, and and a grossly irresponsible one at that. This attitude of immature greed (et tu a 'greedhead', Lawrence?) on your part at the expense of bankrupting upcoming and future generations, and the solvency of the nation in order to provide for you every fanciful nanny-state subsidy your heart desires would be stunning if it were not painfully de rigueur of the modern American lib.

And hey... Lawrence (I'd call you 'doofus', but I too am feeling a little under the whether this evining), I am fully aware that conservatives (as I am one myself) "are against being forced to have a health care plan in the first place." I neither will, nor did I make any argument previously for people being "forced" to have a health care plan (nor did I argue that "Bush did great things for the economy.") What I am against is being "forced" to foot the bills of selfish and irresponsible ABLE BODIED WORKING AGE AMERICAN CITIZENS (I, as practically ALL conservatives do, give exemption to and full support to the society-wide subsidized care of American citizens who are either genuinely physically crippled or who are severely disabled in their mental health) who choose not pay for their own insurance policy and then suck up health services that they have no intention of reimbursing the costs of and passing the costs of said services to the rest of us who pay taxes (and lots of it!) AND also pay for own health costs via our own insurance premiums.

And most people in this country CAN afford to buy their own insurance policy, you nitwit (hey, I'm feeling better already!) The totaled sums of money people spend (and waste) on booze, smokes, 'recreational' drugs, lottery tickets, soda pop, potato chips, cell phones, cable tv, dining out, clubs, concert tickets, etc., could afford any 'average joe' a health insurance policy (and that is FACT.)
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Sep 22, 2009, 15:48
I think Leech is of the type that sees anything slightly left of Donald Rumsfeld as being something of a Commie, Pinko subversive trying to undermine the Good Old Yoo Ess of Ayyy! Of course, maybe he meant Groucho, Harpo etc.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Edited Sep 22, 2009, 19:45
Sep 22, 2009, 18:11
They might as well call him poopyhead, because the goal here isn't to identify Obama as a Marxist, it's to collectively scapegoat him, just like how children will gang up on another child. They don't know why they're yelling names other than it makes them feel part of something that validates their innate meanness.
edit: A bit of satire on the subject http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/22/protect-insurance-compani_n_294406.html
Lawrence
9547 posts

Edited Sep 23, 2009, 07:15
Sep 23, 2009, 07:00
Fuck you, you stupid record collecting geek! Sure you made some good points, but you're still an asshole in my book. Go back to listening to Michael Savage, dipshit!

And incidentally you said this:

< Thankfully, the 'public option' has been rightfully defeated (as will be many house democrats in the 2010 election and Obama in 2012.) This defeat tears a hole in the hull of the S.S. Obama, and that is a ship I look forward to watching sink like the Titanic (Obama and the Democrats will still declare 'victory' if and when the less toothful version of their cobbled mess of a bill passes and the liberal (and dying) mainstream media will tout it as such as well.

That implies you think people should be forced into buying insurance, dipshit.

Frankly I can call you anything I want, Mr Record Collecting Geek, because you're the one who started trolling here in the first place. Methinks dipshits like you are simply too immature to really be considered "conservative". What do you do for a living anyways? Lemme guess, probably some kind of corrupt lawyer, right?

And learn how to spell, by the way...
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Sep 23, 2009, 07:18
I think Mr/Ms Leech have indisputably shown their true colours.

Enough said.

Sadly.
Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index