47 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
giantleech
37 posts

Edited Sep 22, 2009, 11:11
Re: The US Healthcare act
Sep 22, 2009, 11:08
handofdave wrote:
It looks like we might get some sort of half assed bill passed, but it appears the public option is being discarded... which may end up leaving Americans with a WORSE system than we have now.

What would have been FAR WORSE for Americans would have been if Obama, the house, and senate Democrats had rammed through legislation with a 'public option' attached, which the majority of Americans DO NOT WANT (any number of polls attest to this fact.)

Thankfully, the 'public option' has been rightfully defeated (as will be many house democrats in the 2010 election and Obama in 2012.) This defeat tears a hole in the hull of the S.S. Obama, and that is a ship I look forward to watching sink like the Titanic (Obama and the Democrats will still declare 'victory' if and when the less toothful version of their cobbled mess of a bill passes and the liberal (and dying) mainstream media will tout it as such as well.

handofdave wrote:
It looks like the employer based model is here to stay by all reckoning, meaning that if you lose your job, and THEN get sick, you're fucked.

Your other option, which is how it should be, is to pay for your own health insurance policy (as an independent contractor, this is what I have already been doing for years now.)

handofdave wrote:
And the latest plan to be put forward demands that everyone in the USA pay for health insurance or pay a fine. Great. We can take whatever crap they offer, or be fined and get nothing. Wonderful.

I'm certainly not for any of this Federal-State power grab, but you libs and novelty voters elected this Marxist ideologue into power, so this statist agenda of the Dems is what you will get, unless enough of us active conservatives (and enough sane liberals who do not detest free markets and who have soured quickly on this egomaniac prez's arrogant demeanor and reckless agenda) continue to get the facts out about this assault on our health care system and its related economy.

handofdave wrote:
Fuck, fuck fuck..... I hate the idiocy of my government.

I hate the idiocy of citizens of my country (the United States of America, a.k.a. the greatest country on Earth) who think that they can either get something for nothing (why not campaign to have Santa Claus for the top of the next DEM ticket?) or think that they can just continue to bleed further at threatened higher rates the productive citizens (ie: those of us who actually do pay Federal taxes) who are forced to subsidize through taxation and government mismanagement the medical costs/unpaid hospital bills of those ABLE BODIED WORKING AGE ADULTS who refuse to be economically responsible for the costs they incur.

handofdave wrote:
No single payer plan for the USA. The most sensible approach is always the one that gets trashed... because it denies the greedheads their cut.

No single player plan for the USA... and thank goodness for that!

Thank goodness for the so-called 'greedheads' as well. I reject this Marxist gobbledygook nonsense of calling the productive and achievement oriented citizens 'greedy'. They are the ones who produce the jobs, services and technological innovations (medical and otherwise) that too many people in this country simply take for granted. It is the individual liberties granted in this nation's constitution (and the declaration of independence), the free market and the ability to retain the monetary spoils (that which isn't confiscated from us in taxes, that is) of our own toil, innovation and success (and not the craved-for-by-liberals 'nanny state') that allows for the creation and promulgation of these products and services that are taken for granted
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index