37 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
embryonomore
embryonomore
853 posts

Re: sorry
Feb 26, 2002, 15:38
No worries Jim,

As Copey said "there ain't no getting round getting round". I for one will be the first to ditch my car when there is a suitable alternative for the journeys required of me.

But until decicive action is taken to improve public transport, beyond the callings of 'The Business Party' and their decisions to make money from the destruction of the environment, I'm afraid I have very little choice. I walk most places, but this isn't convenient for any journeys of more than say ten miles.

If I have to apologise for owning a car, then so be it. Like it or not, our lives and our life styles are dictated by those who arrange and organise the society in which we live. Until those people make positive steps towards changing the entire concept of public transport there is not much we can do.

I remember seeing Clintons last state of the union address, and one of his closing statements was urging people to develop further economical petrol engines. There was no recomendation for engines that use alternate fuel supplies, which are, as I'm sure we all know, possible, yet being held back by the business party.

In short, it's not my fault. I'm sorry I had to drive here.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index